Saturday, March 04, 2006

There Is Nothing Sadder Than A Sick Baby


Or, "big boy." The Boy is sick. He's had a nasty cold all week, and Thursday night had quite a high fever, which lasted into Friday. I had to take the morning off work, and my aunt came to stay with him for a couple of hours in the afternoon until his father could come get him. It was a very tough 5 hours at work. It was the first time I've ever felt guilt over being a working mother.
Anyhoo, the poor little guy was up most of last night with an alarmingly high fever, which went down very suddenly this morning, and then he was just fine. Completely back to his old, rambunctious, exhausting self, while Mummy was struggling to keep her eyes open, having been up all night herself.
He's napping now, which is what I should be doing myself, except I don't want to waste some quiet time to myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home