Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Cross Stitcher's Nightmare


So, after the gift opening party Sunday, one of the bride's relatives told me she had received a cross stitch of a victorian house, quite a large one, as a gift at her wedding a couple of years ago.
She said it hung on her wall for about a year, when one day, she noticed the initials of the person who gave it to her were on the piece, and she suddenly realized that this woman had actually stitched it!
Can you imagine? You stitch and stitch and stitch for hours and hours, and the recipient doesn't even clue in that you made it?!
She also sounded like she didn't even like it. She said she's not into pictures of houses.
This was about the face I made during the conversation.

3 Comments:

Blogger Darlene said...

what an ungrateful cow! (sorry if you're related to her or anything)...There's nothing more cherished than a handmade gift.

11:22 PM  
Blogger Kare said...

People must be more vocal when giving cross stitch. "I made this. It took almost a full year of spending every spare minute staring and stitching. My eyes are now unrepairable. Some days it made me drink and cost me my last job. Here you go. It's what we stitchers call an heirloom. Oh, and the frame is very valuable, too. Happy Wedding day!"
The regular person has no clue what goes into this.

1:38 AM  
Blogger Desperate Housewife said...

D. It was an aunt of the bride's, so no offense taken!

K. Anyone who's ever gotten one from me got a detailed account of how much time it took!!

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home