Friday, March 09, 2012

I went snorkeling, too

Just as much fun as scuba diving and considerably easier is snorkeling.  We took the a tour from Key West called the Snorkel and Sunset Sail Rum and Reggae Cruise.  It was amazing.  I saw a giant grouper, a great big barracuda, a whole school of blue Ellen Degeneres (Nemo) fish, and a slew of other neat fish.  It was magical.  Almost everyone went snorkeling, except Peter.  Peter can't swim, so he stayed on the boat and got hammered.  He seemed to have a pretty good time, too.

This is where they took us to snorkel, at Sand Key Light.  Under the water is the third largest coral barrier reef in the world.

The captain said you could either take the stairs into the water or do the rock star jump off the boat.  Feeling all confident from my scuba adventure, I chose the rock star move, even though I'm not a great swimmer.   Thank Christ I had a vest on or I would have drowned.  That's me with the pink snorkel.

I bought this snorkel set from LL Bean for the trip.  I had to have it.  It's so adorable and pink.  And I fully intend to use it again at home this summer.

Preparing to snorkel!  Those are our shadows.

1 Comments:

Blogger Digital Crown said...

Check out Scuba Diving in Goa

Visit on site to know more about best scuba diving activites in Goa.
.
.
.
https://www.seawatersports.com/activities/best-rated-scuba-diving-in-goa

3:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home