Thursday, April 13, 2006

My Most Pleasant Day In 2005

















I had spent a week in September in Halifax for work. Peter came up later in the week, and we spent the weekend hanging around the South Shore. I hadn't been there in several years. I really love living in the Maritimes. I even love all the cheesey touristy lighthouse/ fishing boat/ lobster/covered bridge/buried pirate treasure/ Anne of Green Gables/Barrett's Privateer stuff. I can't imagine living anywhere else. I like exploring the area, though there never seems to be time.
We did Peggy's Cove, Mahone Bay, and Lunenburg all on Saturday. I dragged Peter into every antique store, quilt place, and touristy gift shop in a 100 km radius.
We found Oak Island, but you can't go there anymore! I remember it was some kind of park when I was a kid. You could see the money pit, and there was even a gift store. My dad hid loose change under some rocks on the beach, and told me it was pirate treasure. He even hid a little shell-covered notions box for me to keep my spoils in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home