Thursday, May 25, 2006

Hair Dilema


I got a trim the other night. My regular stylist wasn't in, and I really needed a trim, so I agreed to have one of the other girls do it instead.
I was filled with trepidation when I got there and met 'Candace,' who looked all of eighteen, and had reddish hair on the bottom third of her head, while the top was very blonde, as though a bottle of peroxide had been poured over her head during a hair colour-paint fight at beauty school.
Surprise! I loved what she did with my hair.
I would like her to do my hair again.
Problem: my regular stylist. She's a fiesty Newfoundlander with a thick accent, who, though just an itty bitty little thing, looks like she could kick anybody's ass. She got a little pissy with me once when she just thought I'd gotten it cut somewhere else.
How do I leave my hairstylist for another one?
"It's not you. It's me. No! Of course, there's no one else! I've just decided to grow my hair out. To my feet, like Crystal Gayle. Fine! Her name is Candace, and she makes me feel...sleek and shiny and bouncy, and never too poufy like you do! Look, I'm sorry. Let's just be friends."

7 Comments:

Blogger Administrator said...

I too would like to leave my current "coiffure-chick" for someone better, but she'll probably kick my ass as well.

Does the new chick and the old chick work in the same place? If they do, here's the solution, (assuming that they'll both be working at the same time, next time you go). Tell old chick that you really like what new chick did to your "doo" last time but you can't describe it. Maybe new chick can come over and tell/show old chick what she did, then old chick can get up to speed and everyone wins.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Administrator said...

If they don't work in the same place then what's the problem? Just stop calling, she'll get the hint that your just not that into her.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Aww, man...the jilted stylist. It SHOULDN'T be so hard but it's like telling your partner you want to have sex with someone else.

I feel this way about my vet right now. I want to take our older cat to the same vet the kitten has gone to but can I make myself call the old vet and ask for her records? nooo....

10:41 AM  
Blogger Desperate Housewife said...

Note:

Great new style looks like crap today, as Boy woke up in poor humour, and I was lucky just to wash my hair.
He even pulled my hair clip out as I was strapping him his car seat.
Hair now in messy ponytail (true messy, as opposed to fashionably messy).
It's a good thing he's so cute.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Administrator said...

I didn't know the boy had a ponytail.

How 80's.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Kare said...

my turn to say 'Oi'.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We are in a situation that I am trying to find someone new to do our hair, but my reasons are different. I say go to who you like and if the other girl dont like it .... Oh well as my hubby says. Good luck.

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home