Sunday, June 25, 2006

Shopping Online Is Fun!



And expensive.
I just ordered these from Downeast Books purely out of boredom. However, I have been after the quilt book for more than two years, but its release date kept getting pushed back. It's still not available on Amazon. The other book, well, I really like books about ghosties and ghouls and things that go bump in the night. Especially when the stories are supposed to be true. That makes it even scarier. I loves me a good scare. When I go somewhere, I usually buy a local cookbook or a book of "true" local ghost stories as a souvenir. I found a great cookbook in Nantucket, but not a ghostie book. So I had to get this one.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kare said...

I have to get local ghost story books when I go somewhere, too. New Brunswick has tons!
Have you ever been to that secondhand book store in Chattam/NewCastle where they have Elvis'and brides made out of lobster shells? That cracked me up. I'm thinking it's called John____?

11:11 AM  
Blogger Desperate Housewife said...

Oh my God! I sent a friend of mine in Ontario a bride and groom lobster for her wedding about ten years ago! Could that guy ever talk!

11:17 AM  
Blogger Kare said...

lol!
I remember him talking lots, too. He seemed to take 'a liking' to my husband. He even gave him a key chain made out of a lobster claw painted red and he wrote "Rocky" on it in the most terrible printing I had ever seen. I love it. I clipped it onto my belt loop on my shorts and wore it all day, much to my husband's embarrassment.

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home