Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I Had The Most Disturbing Dream Last Night


I dreamt I was getting my hair done. First, Oscar the Grouch (the one I work with, not the Sesame Street one) burst into the room where I was, and burst into tears, because her stylist had said something nasty to her.
Then, I looked at the mirror, and realized that the sides of my hair had been cut off, and I had a mullet! A really bad early- nineties Billy Ray Cyrus mullet (you know, he actually looks pretty good these days with his new hair.)
It was very real. I even had that awful feeling in the pit of your stomach you get when you get a really bad cut, one you know is going to take a lot of time to grow out, and is going to look bad for a loooong time.
What does it mean?

9 Comments:

Blogger Peter Gibbons said...

It means don't mess with your hair; leave it the way it is.

(Or Hannah Montana was on TV when you fell asleep on the couch last night)

9:11 AM  
Blogger Oscar the Grouch said...

I took the liberty of searching an online dream dictionary, to find out some potential reasons for your dream....

To see hair in your dream, signifies sexual virility, seduction, sensuality, vanity, and health. It is indicative of your attitudes.

DH, I didn't know that you thought of me that way.....

OR...
To dream that someone is giving you a haircut, suggests that you are experiencing a decreased sense of power. You may feel that you were criticized unfairly.

OR...
To dream that you are at the salon, indicates your consciousness of your appearance and beauty. You may be trying too hard to impress others. It may also suggests deception and cover-up of some situation. Alternatively, it may denote a new outlook toward life.

As for the mullet part.....Who knows..Maybe you were just yearning for the sweet sounds of the song, "Achy Breaky Heart."

9:22 AM  
Blogger Rogue Buccaneer said...

Mullets are out of style?


~ROGUE

9:54 AM  
Blogger aj said...

Well, I for one would run like HELL if I saw a pair of cutting shears.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Peter Gibbons said...

Don't worry rogue, skullets are ALWAYS in style.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

omg - I can't believe mullets used to be cool back in the day. They should be outlawed.
I can's even imagine what it means. Now that it's in my head, I'm scared to go to sleep in fear that I'll have the same dream. I think I would do better up against Freddy Kruger.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Brandy said...

My neighbor has a mullet hair cut.. It is awful. Now I am afraid of my hair appointment this week. A new person even. Maybe you were having my dream?? LOL

12:35 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Oh dear! What a nightmare! Perhaps it means a new hairstyle isn't in your future and you should stick to your current do.

1:04 AM  
Blogger Netter said...

I'd rather be bald than have a mullet. boy, that was a scary dream.

4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home