Sunday, June 10, 2007

I Ate Haggis!


Peter and I went to the Moncton Highland Games yesterday for something to do. It was actually pretty cool. There were kilts, bagpipes and Highland dancers everywhere.
I left my culinary comfort zone and tried the infamous Haggis, pictured on top. It wasn't too bad, actually. Kind of like stuffing. I had the traditional Scottish drink, Coke, with it.
The hammer-toss was pretty interesting, as well. Big beefy guys would throw a 22lb ball on a stick as far as they could. One guy threw it 110 ft. They all made really funny faces.



3 Comments:

Blogger Kare said...

You're gutsy.
I'd certainly pass on that.

That must have been interesting to see. Did you get to hear bagpipes? I'm sure one of those hulky boys would jump at the chance to teach you how to play.
It looks like it was really hot out.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Librarian Girl said...

Good thing you have that stomach of steel!

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really? You ate haggis? My hub is always making funny jokes about haggis - don't ask me why, he's definitely not Scottish. Looks like you guys had a fun day.

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home