Sunday, April 02, 2006

My Juno Story


Or, How I Came THIS Close To Partying With Milli Vanilli

It was 1990 in Toronto. I went to the Junos with the friend of a friend of my roommate's.
KD Lang came breezing in right behind us, and the members of Blue Rodeo were all there in the lobby. (Yes, I know, big deal. But the Junos were still kind of...sad, back then)
During the show, I sat right behind Al Waxman, the King of Kensington. He was wearing too much cologne.
Milli Vanilli sang "Blame It On The Rain." Well, I guess they didn't really sing it. But that was before the big scandal.
Rod Stewart sang "Downtown Train." That was cool.
Afterwards, we went to the "Juno Aftershow Party For The Nobodies." We stuck around for a while because we heard Triumph was supposed to show up. They didn't.
Then, we heard Milli Vanilli was throwing a party at the Four Seasons, and that was where all the action was. We boldly showed up, and nearly got in. There were three bouncers to get past, and one of our party knew two of them. But the last gentleman told us to hit the road.
This close, damnit!

3 Comments:

Blogger Administrator said...

My only brush with fame was in the late 80's. Lee Aaron was standing directly behind me in line for an Aldo Nova show in Toronto. I think she was checking out my pooper. Not that it's anything special but that's how short she is.

And the Lou Diamond Phillips encounter in the 90's of course.

8:32 PM  
Blogger Desperate Housewife said...

What Lou Diamond Phillips encounter?

7:07 AM  
Blogger Memories of Father Mac said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home