Saturday, April 15, 2006

What I'm Reading Now



This is the April pick for my book club, which I got to chose. I hope everyone likes it. I'll have a case of hurt feelings if it gets trashed. I like Maeve Binchy. Her books are just so...pleasant. I like this one because the main characters are caterers, and there are some very nice descriptions of food. I'm all about the food. And I thought it would be nice to have something fun and fluffy to read after last month's pick, David Bergen's "The Time In Between," which bombed with the ladies.

I would have chosen "The Birth House," but it hadn't been yet been released. But I was chatting with one of the ladies about the book, and she wound up picking it for August. Just call me Rasputin.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kare said...

You have a book club? Cool. I've read all of Maeve Binchy's books. Pleasant is a good word. Hope everyone else likes it.
All your cross stitch posts make me want to cross stitch, too. Nice work!

4:27 PM  
Blogger Desperate Housewife said...

If you like Maeve, you'll probably also enjoy Sharon Owens. She's a lot like Maeve.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Kare said...

Thanks for that!
And you did get me cross stitching today.

2:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home