Tuesday, January 09, 2007

To Sleep, Perchance To Have The Crap Kicked Out Of Me


I've always known you aren't supposed to let your kids sleep with you. Even Dr. Phil says it's a bad idea.
I'm not sure how the Boy weasled his way into bed with me. But he's there, and he's determined he's not going anywhere.
He kicks A LOT. He moves around A LOT. It makes it a little hard to sleep.
Here is a pic of the Boy from last night. When I left him, he was on the other side of the bed, with his head pointing in the other direction. This was how I found him an hour later.
I've given up on getting him out of my bed for now. I figure he'll want to be in his own bed eventually. That happens, right? There are no 16 year old boys who sleep with their moms, right?

3 Comments:

Blogger Darlene said...

You know, I had this 'challenge' with my boy for quite a few years. We eventually bought him a foam mattress & set it up right next to our bed - kinda like camping. After he got used to that (months - trust me), we started introducing his bed to him - telling him that as long as he started his sleep in his bed, if he woke up and needed to be with us, the foamie would still be there for him. This went on forever, but it eventually happened where he 'forgot' to wake up & actually slept the entire night in his own bed. Don't get me wrong - this took a very, very, very long time, but it worked.


p.s. Dr. Phil is an ass. Sorry, just my opinion. ;o)

12:35 AM  
Blogger Kare said...

My girls slept with me for a long time. I wasn't married so it was no problem for me. It's one of my favorite memories from when they were little. The talks and giggles that we would have were precious. It worked wonderfully for us. Except for the odd arm slapped across my face and Kristy was very kicky, too.
If it works for you both why change it?
I pretty much worship Dr. Phil (who is not an ass,Darlene ; ) but I think he's wrong on this one.

2:21 AM  
Blogger Administrator said...

The suprising part DH, is that you're not even from Alabama....with the yungin's sleepin' with their momma until they're married off ....to their cuzins.

Oops, apologies to anybody reading the blog from Alabama.


(PS. Doctor Phil IS an ass)

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home