Sunday, February 04, 2007

Am I The Only Person Who Didn't Like This Movie?

Attempted suicide, heartbreak, financial ruin, drug addiction, marital woes, teen angst, vehicular troubles, lost dreams, death, little girl beauty pageants ... somehow, I found it a little depressing.

Though I will admit I did enjoy the Super Freak family unity moment at the end. And the irony of the audience's shock at Olive's performance, though they themselves had tarted up their young daughters to look like 25 year old hookers for the pageant.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Administrator said...

I thought it was... oh ya I didn't see this one. Must have given it the chick-flick veto and forgot about it.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I havent seen it, but it really doesnt look like something that would catch my eye.

12:12 AM  
Blogger Schell said...

In your first paragraph, it sounds like you are talking about a country song. (And I like country music, gawd)

I havn't seen this one.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Kare said...

I, too, found this movie hilarious. Olive's performance had me nearly peeing my pants.

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This movie is in my netflix queue. I must admit I want to see it because of Greg Kinnear. I'll let you know what I think about the movie.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Netter said...

I really enjoyed this movie. It was very funny and yet heartbreaking at the same time. How about the scene when the sons dream was crushed....so sad. I have always liked a movie that can make me wanna cry and the next second I'm cracking up.

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home