Thursday, February 22, 2007

I Don't Understand How Terrorists Get Passports When It's So Hard For Law-Abiding Citizens To Get One


I finally got my passport application sent off this week. I thought you just sent your birth certificate and presto! They'd send you a passport. I had no idea what a colossal pain in the ass it is to get one, between guarantors and references and not showing even a hint of a smile or teeth in your photo. Why can't you smile? I look like a terrorist in my awful photo. If I was a U-S border crossing guard looking at my passport pic, I wouldn't let me in on the grounds I might reproduce and spread my ugly genes in their country.
I'm not a terrorist. I'm not going to smuggle weapons or drugs into the U-S.
I just want to sit on a beach in Florida and maybe see someone stick their head inside an alligator's mouth.

4 Comments:

Blogger Administrator said...

It's Black's Photography's fault. Mine looks like this. Sears takes better color passport pictures. They almost look human.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Netter said...

You just reminded me....my passport expired and I have not renewed it yet. I guess that means that I have to go through the whole process again. Shoot. I don't mind not smiling, as long as I don't have a double chin in the picture.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Librarian Girl said...

Wait, you guys can't smile in your passport photos? I didn't know that. Smiling is obviously the true sign of terrorist-like behavior. Yeah, that's gotta be it.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I didnt realize it was that hard. I have to get passports for my daughter and me in a year. Ugh!

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home