Thursday, February 22, 2007

I Don't Understand How Terrorists Get Passports When It's So Hard For Law-Abiding Citizens To Get One


I finally got my passport application sent off this week. I thought you just sent your birth certificate and presto! They'd send you a passport. I had no idea what a colossal pain in the ass it is to get one, between guarantors and references and not showing even a hint of a smile or teeth in your photo. Why can't you smile? I look like a terrorist in my awful photo. If I was a U-S border crossing guard looking at my passport pic, I wouldn't let me in on the grounds I might reproduce and spread my ugly genes in their country.
I'm not a terrorist. I'm not going to smuggle weapons or drugs into the U-S.
I just want to sit on a beach in Florida and maybe see someone stick their head inside an alligator's mouth.

6 Comments:

Blogger Peter-Gibbons said...

It's Black's Photography's fault. Mine looks like this. Sears takes better color passport pictures. They almost look human.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Netter said...

You just reminded me....my passport expired and I have not renewed it yet. I guess that means that I have to go through the whole process again. Shoot. I don't mind not smiling, as long as I don't have a double chin in the picture.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Knitting Momma said...

It took me over 16 months to get citizenship cards for myself and KK. I guess only one office in all of Canada processes the citizenship cards (in Truro, NS). We weren't allowed to smile, either, which was no problem for KK, who was all of about 13 months old when I applied for his. And I had to sign my card in exactly the right size handwriting or they'd send it back.

Complaints aside, I'd still rather be living in NS than NE.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Librarian Girl said...

Wait, you guys can't smile in your passport photos? I didn't know that. Smiling is obviously the true sign of terrorist-like behavior. Yeah, that's gotta be it.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

I didnt realize it was that hard. I have to get passports for my daughter and me in a year. Ugh!

8:05 AM  
Blogger Kare said...

Yes, what a pain in the ass.

When are you going to FLorida!?

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home