Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Hair Emancipation (Bangs, Anyway)


I have had bangs my entire life, because my mom always said I had a high forehead.
Last summer I tried on a scarf with my bangs hidden under it, just for the hell of it. It looked pretty good. My forehead really isn't high.
It occured to me that maybe my mother was wrong about my forehead. After all, this is the same woman who started me on the path to the three and four perms a year I got during my teen years, and still gets them herself.
I got a cut on the weekend, and for the first time, ever, there is not even a hint of bangs, thick, permed, light fringe, wispy, or any other way. Go me!

5 Comments:

Blogger Ladybird said...

Who is the lady in the picture? You or ur mom? Forgive my ignorance!

9:22 AM  
Blogger Desperate Housewife said...

That's me. No, actually it's Louise Brooks, a silent movie star from long ago.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Netter said...

I have bangs. I look silly if I don't. I like a side part and sweep them over to the sides. That looks best. I really do have a funny head so I can't get away without them. You are mighty lucky, mighty lucky indeed. I really wish I could wear those cute little pixie haircuts like knitting momma has...but again, it doesn't work. My sister got the good forehead, darn her.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Desperate Housewife said...

I love KM's hair! I used to have hair like that, but I find it looked better when I was still skinny, which I'm not anymore. Plus, it's too much work. If I didn't dress appropriately and wear my contacts and makeup I looked like a 14 year old boy.

6:25 PM  
Blogger Orangeblossoms said...

It is pretty freaking amazing what our mothers convince us is true.

You have a perfect forehead!

I agree about the guy in Curious George, too. He just needs a wardrobe....

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home