Thursday, May 17, 2007

There Are Alligators In Florida




We went to an alligator farm in Florida City (that's a post to come) and it blew my mind.


But when we stopped at a visitor's centre in the Everglades and saw these guys running around loose in a pond/ditch thing next to the highway, I almost, to put it crudely, shit my pants. There are alligators running around loose in Florida! Big, huge alligators! I mean, I knew there are alligators in Florida, but to see them in a ditch and not in a cage or as a purse or belt really freaked me out. They're massive, and really scary. I could never live near alligators.


A lady at the visitor centre tried to compare them to bears in Canada. Definitely not the same thing!









4 Comments:

Blogger Kare said...

Wow. That would be unnerving to say the least!

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure I wouldn't put my foot in the water in Florida, unless it was a swimming pool and even then I have a hairdo to worry about.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Librarian Girl said...

Oh hell no! I could not handle that at all.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

yikes! is it even possible to compare bears and 'gators? Except, you know, in football teams?? ;)

so I have to say, I'm intrigued by your comment on Pop Culture Librarian's recent post about your hometown and teen pregnancies...I think we might have practically been neighbours at one time...I live very close to that very town. Cool :)

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home