Monday, August 06, 2007

Bring On The Hooker Jokes!


I bought this hooked rug kit (traditional rug hooking, not latch hook) from Deanne Fitzpatrick's studio in Amherst, NS almost exactly four years ago, when I was heavily pregnant with the Boy.
I finished the house and tree, then put it away.
Last weekend I pulled it out, and worked on it in a frenzy all week. Now it's done!
Rug hooking is fun. It's kind of like colouring with wool. Primitive hooking is the best because it's supposed to look ... well, primitive, which I think I have definitely achieved.
I can absolutely see myself doing more hooking (wink wink!)

4 Comments:

Blogger Administrator said...

"I can absolutely see myself doing more hooking."


What will the pimp's cut on that action be? Papa needs a new hat with a feather in it.

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys are too funny!

Wow! You really got on a jag there, the rug looks terrific!

12:31 AM  
Blogger Netter said...

I always wondered how hard it would to hook a rug like that. I was looking at wool strips online the other day. Maybe one of these days...just maybe.

You did a lovely job on it by the way.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Awesome! I think I'm going to take on a hobby - hooking sounds fun. ;o)

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home