Sunday, August 24, 2008

Just Finished Reading This


I finally got to see what all the fuss was about over this book. It's the author's memoir of how she got over her nasty divorce by spending a year eating her ass off in Italy, being all spiritual in India, and shagging a hot Brazilian guy in Bali.
I had a hard time getting over my initial feeling of "Gee, it must be nice being able to get over a divorce by travelling the world instead of eating three pounds of chocolate a day and fantasizing about different ways to off the ex," but I will admit it kept me interested.

6 Comments:

Blogger Darlene said...

I bought this book quite a while ago & never read it. I lent it to Kare & she loved it & told me I had to read it. Still haven't though.

12:44 AM  
Blogger Yarn Tails said...

I put up some more pics from my trip.

12:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that the book the tells everyone to find their happy meditation space? I don't know, I'd rather nap than meditate.

2:54 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

I hated this book. Should have been called gluttony, snot and self indulgence.

7:54 PM  
Blogger Librarian Girl said...

That book is one that either changes your life or makes you barf. I think you're the first person I have heard that was in the middle about it.

6:46 PM  
Blogger Ms K said...

This book was amazing to me. It definitely was life changing for me. Seriously.... it played a part in my decision to leave my husband.

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home