Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Hockey Mom

The Boy started hockey on the weekend. I have never in my entire life been remotely interested in hockey, and know absolutely nothing about it.


However, in just one weekend I learned how to properly put on all ten-thousand pieces of gear, how to measure a kid for a stick, and the pros and cons of cages and shields.
I'm going to be a pro by spring.


And the Boy is amazingly good! And he LOVES it!

All the five year olds on the ice might be the cutest thing I've ever seen.





6 Comments:

Blogger Darlene said...

Awwww! That's so cute! I'm dressing up as a hockey player for Halloween this year.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Netter said...

I just adore little kids playing sports. Some of them are so into the play, others are spacing off and in their own little world. When Katie was 5, she played soccer. OMG, I can't tell you how fun it was to watch her. She wasn't really into sports, she was more of a day dreamer putting on shows for everyone. She'd be in a game and she'd be down field dancing around or running the wrong direction. Half the time I'm not even sure she knew the ball was in motion. It was cute at that age, but if you saw a teenager doing that stuff, you'd swear they were high.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Tami said...

My little boy wanted to be a hockey player but we live in Nebraska. There's probably a hockey league we could get him into but for now, he'll have to stick with football.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Kare said...

He looks adorable! You know that you have become a hockey mom now. There's no going back. Your life as you've known it is completely over.
Completely
Over
; )
Great pictures.

Darlene, are you really being a hockey player?

1:36 PM  
Blogger Desperate Housewife said...

D, N, AND K: Thank you! I thought he was pretty cute too!

Tami: Here in Canada it's pretty much your civic duty to put your kids in hockey.

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cute is that?! Here's to a long and successful career for both you and The Boy!

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home