Tuesday, June 27, 2006

A Bad Dining Experience



Don't ever eat here! I joined one of my co-workers for breakfast here Sunday morning. We both ordered the eggs benedict.
The first problem was when we unrolled our utensils from the napkin. There was a grain of rice in the tines of my fork, and something equally unsavory in my co-worker's fork, as well. The waitress made an apologetic face, and brought us each a new set. The new ones were dirty, too! We finally snagged cutlery from a neighboring table, that appeared clean, though we both gave our forks a good rub with the napkins.
Then, the food came.
The eggs benedict didn't look too bad, but the hollandaise sauce didn't look quite right. I tasted it, and it was...gravy. Gravy on eggs benedict? Maybe it's some kind of variation I've never heard of, like using smoked salmon instead of ham, but I tend to think whoever was in the kitchen was wrecked.
Though I have to say, the eggs benedict with gravy wasn't bad. Quite tasty, actually.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kare said...

I won't eat there. I promise.

Hmmm...gravy?

The dirty utensil thing gets me. I'm going to be one of those old ladies who take their own utensils into restaurants soon. My youngest daughter is really ocd about things like that, too. We don't touch public doors. not with our hands, anyway. We're both pretty flexible so we use the legs and a kick/push motion. Not that you needed all that information...

1:48 PM  
Blogger Desperate Housewife said...

I don't want to even think about your "utensils!"

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home