Saturday, June 17, 2006

Goodbye Old Friend


This is the first microwave I ever owned, the first appliance I ever bought. I bought it in 1994, when I lived in Fredericton, and was just starting out.
My microwave has heated up food in 4 different apartments in three cities, in my first house for a while, outlasted two toasters, two of my cats, my marriage, and been there through the birth of my son and many nieces and nephews, and countless hairstyles, most of them bad.
I feel kind of sad that it has to go. But the nice shiny new one is a good consolation.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

My daughter burnt my first microwave up. I got it in 1991 and it lasted until 1999. then it was gone. oh well.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Kare said...

My daughter did too! Actually 2 of them were in it together. They were quite young.
I smelled something burning. I ran downstairs and the girls were 'helpfully' making popcorn. It had 45 minutes left to go...I had no idea how long it was in there for. The glass bottom completely shattered.

9:50 PM  
Blogger Librarian Girl said...

Umm, I don't have a daughter, but I also burned up a microwave, all on my own. As an adult. What does this say about me? Ugh.

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home