Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Karma Test


Or, "I'm A Great Big Idiot Who Gave Back A Free Aero Bar"

Yesterday the vending machine at work gave me two Aero bars instead of the one I had paid for.
Instead of celebrating my good fortune and gobbling both bars, here's what I thought:

"What if karma is testing me?"
And, "What if karma is actually rewarding me?"
Also, "Maybe karma is rewarding me and punishing the vending machine man for ripping everyone off on chocolate bars!"

In the end, I just couldn't bring myself to eat it. I put it in my drawer and decided I would figure out what to do with it tomorrow (today.)
I came in to work this morning, went into the staffroom, and the vending machine guy was there filling the machine. I got the bar, and gave it to him, and told him the machine had given me two. He looked at me very strangely.
But, see? It was a test after all!
I sound like a real wackjob, don't I?

13 Comments:

Blogger Kare said...

LMAO!
Jeannie, I would have thought and done the same thing. Dear God, there's another mind like mine out there.
Don't mess with karma, man.

10:57 PM  
Blogger Administrator said...

Birthday Cake, eh? Busted!

I knew there was something about this whole giving Aero bars back scenario that didn't add up.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Administrator said...

"I will steal chocolate"

If you're ever in the mood for a tattoo, I think this should be it!

10:04 AM  
Blogger Desperate Housewife said...

I didn't touch the birthday cake...it had coconut in it.

Knitting Momma...are you saying there are no Aero bars in the US?!
Mmmm, mint Aero!

11:25 AM  
Blogger Administrator said...

Aero Bars and Smarties are a UK-only treat. (and Commonwealth countries of course)

11:57 AM  
Blogger Kare said...

I forgot how much you liked chocolate.
That was an amazing thing you did with your addiction and all. Holy.
You are for sure going to Heaven. No doubt.

Was it your birthday and you didn't tell us?!?!?!

3:26 PM  
Blogger Kare said...

maybe we could start a bootlegging Arrow bar business....hmmm.could be pretty profitable.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Administrator said...

I think someone would be "eating into" the profits.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

OMG That is the funniest thing! My saying is "if I'm going to hell, it better be for something good". As much as I LOVE LOVE chocolate, I don't know if 1 bar is worth eternal damnation... maybe a dozen, but surely not 1. hahah

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

5:46 PM  
Blogger Kare said...

what's up with that?

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

4:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home