Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Technology Is Good


I've been making an effort to eat less junk and more fruits and vegetables lately. That means I spend a large portion of my days fantasizing about food. Lately it's been bread. Hot, crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside with golden butter melting all over it. It became too much for me yesterday, so I broke down and bought a bread machine.
My inner Martha has always resisted bread machines, mostly because it seems like cheating. And it seems so wrong that an appliance can make bread that tastes as good as any granny can make.
On the other hand, I don't like kneading dough for ten minutes, I hate the mess it all makes, and I have a full time job and a two year old, so it isn't as though I have time to bake. Plus, I really want to come home, open the door, and have the smell of baking bread waft out and lure me into the kitchen. Without the mess.

13 Comments:

Blogger Administrator said...

Arrrggh, I think ye wants limes for your scurvy, ya crazy sea man.

Bread will only make you more curvy.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love my bread machine. Exspecially the honey wheat bread that I make with my preserves on it..Yum!!

10:38 AM  
Blogger Schell said...

God I love bread. Should get me one of those.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Kare said...

I love when other people make bread and give it to me.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Schell said...

Oh yeah even better, you could fly us some up. I am not kidding, my husbands sister has done that from Nfld. Sends it in the morning there and it is here by about 3 in the afternoon. Is that not hilarious. Not complaining though. So uh, what flight should I check for that bread DH???? Ha.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Kare said...

Oooh. You're sending us bread,DH? How sweet.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Desperate Housewife said...

Your sister does not send you bread from Newfoundland!
Does she really? What kind?

3:09 PM  
Blogger Schell said...

It has been awhile now, so I could definately use some, nudge, nudge. She's a good newfie woman who makes hers from scratch and it's white. ( A good newfie woman ) HMMMMMM, I think my husbands still wondering what hit him and how he ended up with an Alberta girl.

3:38 PM  
Blogger Librarian Girl said...

Now, if only someone would invent a creme brulee machine.

4:37 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

My husband is all about the homemade bread...And after about 10 years of marriage and me still not making it for him, he finally bought a bread maker. That was about 7 years ago, and we're on our 2nd one. Don't get me wrong, I absolutley LOVE baking, just never made bread. Have fun with it!

7:42 PM  
Blogger Kare said...

I repeat.
oohh, you're sending us bread, DH? How sweet!

10:32 PM  
Blogger Kare said...

Hey Rogue,
Your Blog is very interesting to my Political Science major daughter. Are you going to write any more?

2:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home