Thursday, August 17, 2006

The Spider On My Sideview Mirror


This spider has been hanging around my car for nearly two weeks. I didn't shoo it away because I thought it would be blown off while driving.
Also, I didn't want to get too close, or touch it, because it's pretty big. And gross.
But it's still here, and somehow, watching it hang on to the web for dear life while I drive to work each day, flapping in the wind, I think I've begun to bond with it.
Last night I even kept my window down, and spoke words of encouragement to it on the drive home..."Hang on, we're almost there! Don't fall off now! You can do it!"
I think I need to get out more.

7 Comments:

Blogger Administrator said...

Does he have a name? I think "Boris" is the only name for a spider.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

In early summer, I had a june bug on my window as I was driving to work. After the failed attempt from my windshild wipers to shoo it off, I actually drove around town trying to gain momentum & speed to blow it off for 57 minutes. I hit every school zone & red light on the way. I was late for work & the bug just got bored and flew off. Kudos for bonding with your spider, but I'd rather drive until the end of time.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Desperate Housewife said...

I think "Charlotte" is the obvious choice.
I don't mean I want to let the spider sleep on the foot of my bed, by the way. But I did say "good morning" to it today.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Kare said...

ewwww.
I wouldn't even drive the car. I'd call in sick.
ewwww.

DH, I have new respect for you.

If anyone puts creepy insect pictures on their blog in the future, please leave me a little note on my blog beforehand. K?

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hah! Now I don't feel so bad for naming the spider near my front door, and somehow getting SAD when it disappeared.

I mean really.

hehehehehe

8:28 PM  
Blogger Librarian Girl said...

Oh boy, I hope it's not Charlotte. If you wake up one day and see "Some Pig" in its web, I would personally be kind of insulted. It better say "Some Hottie" instead.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the spider.. I have one living in my side mirror too only it dont look as pretty as yours..

Karen..LOL

1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home