Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Saw This Yesterday

Ehhh. The movie wasn't bad, but it wasn't quite what I expected.
What did ruin it for me, halfway through, was when Nicolas Cage broke into someone's house. There were a lot of candles lit in the house, and I thought, "What kind of moron would leave their house with all those candles burning?"
Then I realized I had been burning two candles that day, and could only remember blowing out one.
Turned out I did leave a candle lit. Luckily, the house didn't burn down.

5 Comments:

Blogger old lady said...

I've done that countless times, too. It always makes my heart jump when I remember.
I was even candle grounded for a while by Rocky.
I was cutting stuff out for my daughter's teacher. I was so into cutting I didn't even notice the flames. Rocky had it to the sink and doused before I even looked up. I had to ask for more paper from the teacher. So embarrassing.
Sorry for rambling. I hadn't thought about that for a long time.

That movie looks very creepy.

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Candles are cool.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

LOL Amazing how our mind gets sidetracked, huh? Too funny - my mother left a candle burning once in her house. A spark jumped out & smouldered on the carpet. It only burned about 1 square inch, but there was 100% smoke damage throughout the entire house.

p.s. so, you wouldn't recommend this movie? The previews look major spooky.

8:11 PM  
Blogger old lady said...

Yes, that was unusual for my mind to wander. I'm quite focused normally. Right!
And Darlene,
There really was smoke damage that badly or was that what they told the insurance people? Years ago it was much easier to make a house insurance claim.

3:35 AM  
Blogger desperate housewife said...

The movie was okay. It's not actually a horror movie at all.

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home