Wednesday, December 13, 2006

My Favourite Holiday Recipe! (One of them, anyway!)



The gumdrop cake that made the Boy so... frisky...is unfortunately, not my recipe, it was my aunt's, and it was actually the first time she made it.

But, here is the recipe I use for my favourite mulled apple cider! It'll make your house smell like Christmas. I prefer apple juice (though I don't think it makes a difference) and make it in a crockpot. By the way, did you know that Tropicana apple juice is actually cider? Chef Michael Smith told us that last week at the cooking seminar I went to.

And, here is Chef Michael's mulled cider recipe that he gave to us that night. We all got a big cupful, and it was incredible!

6 Comments:

Blogger Administrator said...

Gumdrop cake:

1. Make a cake, any cake.
2. Stuff gumdrops in it.
3. Give to child.(they don't care)

10:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It sounds delish! Gonna have to give it a try!


PS.... All new people who sign up for a blog now are being automatically directed to beta. I tried to sign up for a new account and signed hubby up for one and its all beta now. Hopefully they will get the kinks fixed soon. Ugh!

10:44 AM  
Blogger Kare said...

Hey, thanks for those recipes.
I think I'll make your recipe instead of Chef Giant's just because I don't want drunk kids running around. I think there are laws about that sort of thing. (I still can't believe how huge that man is. My dad and brother are 6'4" and6'5" and they don't look anywhere near as tall as the chef

Ya, I had no choice with the blogger. It's really pissing me off. I mean "it's disappointing me."

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW, That's not the real recipe. I was just being an ass (shocking, I know).

I take no responsibility for any crappy cakes you might make.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Netter said...

Peter~ I agree, Blogger Beta does suck. It won't let me switch yet without starting a new site and since I have around 1500 posts, they said it would be a while before I would be invited to switch. AUGH!

The Cider sounds delish....but I think the Gumdrop Cake has some kinks in it. lol

12:17 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

yum yum yum - I think I'll try that this weekend!

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home