Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Can't Blog... Knitting!

Yes, knitting! Me!

- Finished a pair of mittens for the Boy, which he actually wears.

- Got first mitten of another pair done. I'm having a hard time with the thumbs... the base is very sloppy. Picking up stitches is hard.

- Tried a hat on circular needles... I am utterly stymied by circular needles.

- Got a knitting injury... I had a small cut next to my thumbnail, and while I was finishing a mitten Sunday evening, it got bigger and began to bleed!

- Am now knitting a scarf on big needles, just because it's fun!

Oh, and my birthday was great, too. Peter got me a cake, and made a financial donation to my chest fund. I've been wanting an antique chest to use as a coffee table for years, and I finally had the brillant idea to ask everyone for cash for Christmas. It's almost mine!





7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Your knitting looks great! And of course, the boy looks adorable. :o)

1:12 PM  
Blogger Netter said...

I want to be knitting....darn it, I have so many things that I want to do right now.

The mittens look good to me. I'd wear them. Oh, I love the chest idea. Make sure it doesn't smell funny. Sometimes they seem OK, until you get them home and then you have to try to air it out for weeks.

5:47 PM  
Blogger Kare said...

Good job! I still can't believe that you did mittens as one of your first projects. Great knitting is for sure in your future.
Cute pic of the boy, too.
When you said chest fund I thought 'chest' fund. You know? Thought that was a great idea! I've always wanted to *ahem* fix up the girls and.. well.. nevermind..
I may start a chest fund, too.
; )
in reply to Netter: a smelly chest is not good. And then not everyone appreciates the airing out thing...
I'm going to go now.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Librarian Girl said...

Happy birfday!

9:36 PM  
Blogger Desperate Housewife said...

I'm this close to commenting on smelly chests and er, boxes, but I think I'll keep them too myself! ; )

7:44 AM  
Blogger Desperate Housewife said...

I mean "to" myself.

Need coffee.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Paula said...

Happy belated Birthday

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home