Sunday, January 06, 2008

2007: The Highlights
















1) Visiting Florida for first time. I'm sure plenty of it is full of tacky tourist traps and peopled mainly by the elderly, but it is also a tropical paradise with no snow!
2) Frolicking with Santini the dolphin, seeing alligators, and poking that big yellow bastard in the pic. That was huge for me, as I'm a lifelong snake-o-phobic. Maybe next time I'll be able to touch it for more than .002 seconds.
3) Visiting Shag Harbour, to see where the UFO allegedly crashed. Cool Maritimes X-files stuff.
4) The Boy starting pre-k!
5) Is it shallow for me to consider getting an antique chest/coffee table a highlight of the year? I wanted one for years, and was really happy when I got it.





4 Comments:

Blogger Administrator said...

Nice list.

I'll just go with one item:

1. Finally escaping from Evil-Corp in 2007 with a big check, mostly free vacation to Key West and a couple bonuses.

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pics! About the embroidery: the patterns from bird brain are really easy, just basic stitches that aren't too complicated. The embroidery that I have done seems pretty easy and very relaxing. There's all kinds of embroidery projects out there that I haven't tried yet and I'm sure some can be humdingers, but I like to stick with easy stuff. One thing I like about it over x-stitch is that there's no counting. Counting drives me ca-razy! Have fun with it!

6:06 PM  
Blogger Kare said...

You had a great year. I loved reading about your year. Your trips and pictures are always so great. Can't wait for your next trip. And the rug...holy, is that beautiful!

Beautiful things that make you happy are important. Kids and men (well, really, people in general) are guaranteed to piss you off at some point but material things are always there for you. God bless beautiful material goods.
I will have to post about my 52" tv. omg. I don't even like tv. Well I didn't until now. My tv, I call her Julie, will make me forever happy.
; )
Happy New Year, Jeannie, Peter and the boy!

9:35 PM  
Blogger Desperate Housewife said...

You know, that's a great way to look at material stuff. Beautiful things that make you happy ARE important!

A 52" TV? Holy shit! I'd never be able to get up off the couch.

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home