Thursday, March 13, 2008

At 13, I Thought All My Life's Problems Would Be Solved If I Only Had Boobs


So, I've been pretty busty since I was about twenty years old. Contrary to what some of the less-endowed population may think, big boobs are actually a major pain in the ass. And the neck, and shoulders. Clothes do not fit. Heavy duty bras are expensive and very unattractive. The male species does not make eye contact. And aging and nursing has the most horrifying effect on them.
But, after waiting just over a year, I had an appointment with a plastic surgeon on Thursday. I'm getting breast reduction surgery sometime in the next few weeks!!!!!
I'm pretty stoked. The first thing I'm going to do afterwards is head to LaSenza and buy a polkadot bra, with skinny straps and just one hook!
Peter is not quite as excited as I am, and refers to the day of the appointment as "Black Thursday."
The picture: One of the ladies I work with just got back two weeks ago from having b.r. surgery. This is what I came up with as a "welcome back/congrats on the new boobs" gift from the staff. She said having the surgery was the best thing she's ever done. We're calling ourselves "The Shrinking Boobs Twins."


9 Comments:

Blogger Administrator said...

Crime against nature.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Yarn Tails said...

I love that mug!

Good Luck with the surgery. I know my poor daughter would love to have this done.

Peter my hubby is in agreement with ya! LOL

9:29 AM  
Blogger Desperate Housewife said...

Isn't she only 16? That must be even worse than being a flat-chested teenager.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Yarn Tails said...

Yep it is worse. She is like twice my size up top there. I was a charter member of the itty bitty titty club and my daughter took after my younger sister. Ugh!!

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wear a 36H. I also live in a small city so none of the stores carry my size. I have to order my bras online and, even then, it's rare to find an H cup in a 36. Usually the smallest band size is 38, and 38 rides up in back on me. It makes me crazy. I'm lucky though, I don't have any neck or back problems. If I did, I'd be next in line behind you at the surgeon's.

Good luck with the surgery.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Ms K said...

I'm sure it will all go well.
My cousin just got this done a couple of weeks ago and she is thrilled with the results.
wow, this also means that you get to have food delivered to you in bed!

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the surgery. I had it done when I was in my 20's - I was top heavy in high school and did I ever hear about it - ugh. Now I'm happy as can be! Clothes fit and I don't feel like a pin up girl where ever I go.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Desperate Housewife said...

Thanks, Sue! I'm so excited!

1:25 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Good luck with the surgery. I know a few people who've had it done & they say it literally changed their lives.

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home