Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Oscars Suck!

















Was v. disappointed fellow Maritimer Ellen Page didn't win Best Actress for Juno.






Was also disappointed Sarah Polley, who was the star of the best Canadian show ever, Road to Avonlea, didn't win Best Adapted Screenplay for Away From Her.



Also, what was up with the women's hair? They all had messy ponytails with hair in their eyes. And the chick who won Best Supporting... I'm all for having your own look, but jeez! A little makeup isn't a bad thing!





8 Comments:

Blogger Netter said...

You know, I loved Ellen Page in Juno and I expect great things from her in the future....but the best Actress award really went to the right person. Did you see that movie? OMG, she was wonderful.

I rarely agree with who wins anyway. It's just a huge honor to be nominated.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Administrator said...

Tilda is actually kinda hot in an odd way.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Desperate Housewife said...

Netter: I'm just very cranky about the whole thing. I think I'm PMS-ing or something.

Peter: Is she, now? Hotter than me?

1:33 PM  
Blogger Administrator said...

why of course not. That's just "crazy" talk.

3:11 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

Love Ellen however she will have plenty of more opportunities. Beside she won in the Film Independent Spirit Awards. Which are so much cooler than the Oscars. http://www.filmindependent.org/spiritawards/

What I want to know is WHY was Gordon Pinsent was not nominated???
The man is brilliant. I had to snicker when after Sarah Polley's Away From Her was released, the US entertainment news people thought Gordon was a newly discovered talent.

1:04 AM  
Blogger Kare said...

I didn't watch the Oscars but makeup is good.
That's all I know.

2:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I gotta agree with you. I came away from the show saying, WHA?!

2:26 PM  
Blogger Librarian Girl said...

I am SO GLAD you pointed out the messy pony tail thing! I was very confused by that whole trend.

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home