Thursday, February 07, 2008

Everyone Should Have A Peter (No, not that kind of peter!)

Monday evening I had an awful ache in my left arm and shoulder.
I went online and looked up "left arm pain."
Then, I called Peter and told him that I was having a heart attack, at the age of 37.
Peter assured me I wasn't, then came over with ibuprofen, one of those buckwheat pillows you put in the microwave, and chocolate.
Best of all, the words "hypochondriac" and "nutjob," did not cross his lips.
Everyone should have a Peter. (My arm was fine after a couple of hours.)

9 Comments:

Blogger Administrator said...

Awww isn't that sweet. (vomit!)

(Just because the words don't cross the lips doesn't mean they don't cross the mind)

But it's hard to call someone else a hypochondriac when I have Walking Pneumonia.... or The Gout... or something.

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chocolate cures all ills. Oh hey, look at the muscles!

8:59 PM  
Blogger Desperate Housewife said...

I'm afraid that's padding in the costume.

5:13 PM  
Blogger Administrator said...

It's not padding everywhere...

9:09 PM  
Blogger Kare said...

That is so sweet.
You're lucky to have such a good taker-carer costume man.
I'm glad that your arm was better quickly. Good thing you didn't call me because I would have confirmed your heart attack for you in a very non soothing voice. I probably would have called you an ambulance. From here.

(um, what is the paint color on your wall?)

1:16 AM  
Blogger Administrator said...

Unknown paint color.

But it looks a lot like Pittsburgh's "Nantucket Grey"

9:24 AM  
Blogger Desperate Housewife said...

Actually, I think it's some kind of dark sage colour.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Administrator said...

"Nantucket Grey" = Sage Green.

The name is deceptive.

8:02 PM  
Blogger Kare said...

I found a paint color called Potato Peel. That cracked me up. The paint namer people must have been getting tired.
"Oh, fuck it. I don't know. I want to go home. It looks like a goddamn potato peel. Just call it Potato Peel." hahaha

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home