Thursday, January 24, 2008

5 Dresses (Inspired By "27 Dresses")

Here are the bridesmaid dresses (still) hanging in my closet!



#1) 1992. My first time as a bridesmaid. We all really liked the dresses. Little did I realize then that I would one day look back upon it with such horror. Note the matching shoes. Don't I look sweet and innocent?



#2) 1993 (I think). The sexy bridesmaid dress. I'm so skinny!



#3) 1996? Dark green and velvety, and appropriately warm for the cool weather. I really liked that dress. I wish I could say the same about my hair. And why does my head look so lopsided?






#4) My brother's wedding, and the first time I realized that the woman he was marrying was a cruel, sadistic person.

#5) My ex husband's sister's wedding two falls ago. Strapless , midcalf length with an empire waist... very cute, but only looks good on the flat-chested and very skinny. I looked like such a heifer in it that I just couldn't bring myself to post a pic of me in it.





By the way, one of my bridesmaids actually did wear her dress again, on New Year's!

6 Comments:

Blogger Netter said...

I have three ugly dresses hanging in my closet at my parents house. It should have been 4 but one of my friends rented dresses for us because she said we'd never wear the ugly things again anyway. Oh so true...but we spent the same amount of money anyway and ended up with the shoes that wouldn't match anything else. I won't even post pictures of me in those dresses....shutter.....the thought scares me. You look good in your pics though.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Kare said...

DH, you are sooo beautiful!!
I hate you.

All the dresses were pretty cool for the time. Well, except for your brother's wedding and you still look great in it. I love that pink dress.
The first one's 'shawl' and the second one's straightness put together would be Darlene's bridesmaids dresses. But in dark purple. She made us wear lipstick that matched.
I could do a post like this with my wedding dresses.

1:42 AM  
Blogger Kare said...

You know I don't really hate you. That was said in a jealous rage.
It's all good now.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Desperate Housewife said...

You're too sweet!

2:48 PM  
Blogger Administrator said...

Chick fight!

Go to your corners, pick a pastel dress and come out swinging!

7:14 PM  
Blogger Ladybird said...

You look great. Thanks for the trip down dress lane...

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home