Wednesday, January 23, 2008

&^#$@^&*!!!!!


This is the remains of my fourth? fifth? attempt at that *&$%#@!! seaman's hat. I keep dropping stitches and not noticing until it's too late to fix with my limited skills.
I nearly finished it on the weekend. I was two rows away from starting the increases for the crown, and realized one of the needles was falling out, and the yarn had pulled out all over the place.
But it will not break me. I will knit that goddamned hat if it is the. last. thing. I. do.

6 Comments:

Blogger Administrator said...

"seaman's hat"

Snicker.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Netter said...

Oh dear! You can do it! (sending you a little long distance encouragement)

3:36 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

While I love knitting with DP needles some do not and prefer circular needles. You may want to try them for this hat. You'll need the same size circular as your DPs however watch the cable length. You want it to be 40cm (16in) long. You’ll still need the DP needles for the top part.

11:16 PM  
Blogger Desperate Housewife said...

I tried circular and was utterly stymied. I found them very uncomfortable. But maybe I should give them another try.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Desperate Housewife said...

Thank you, Netter, and very mature, Peter!

9:28 AM  
Blogger Paula said...

I actually find circular needles very uncomfortable too, took me awhile to find some that I could use. I look for the ones with the longest needle part, they seem to fit my hand the best, however as I said I much prefer Dps. Stick with the Dps, I learned to use the ball of my thumb to hold the stitches on the needles that are not in use.

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home