Sunday, June 18, 2006

Look What I Found!

I read this book in junior high, when I was a 78 lb. dork of a seventh grader with a bad perm and upside-down-coke-bottle-lens glasses that made me look like an insect.
I read it many times. It gave me hope that I wouldn't be hideous forever.
I went to the annual Headstart yard sale on Saturday, and there it was, sitting on top of a pile of other books, like it was waiting for me. I actually squealed when I saw it, in the manner of the 13 year old girl I used to be.
I'm off to bed to read it right now.
I have no idea why I'm so excited to relive my junior high days. Normally I'd rather forget everything about them. Especially the perm.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kare said...

Enjoy the book!
Did your mom used to perm your hair? My mom did. Dear God.

10:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think I used to have that book too. I loved all those back in the days.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Desperate Housewife said...

My mother didn't perm my hair, but my best friend and I used to perm each other's hair!!! I had really, really bad hair from 13 to 20 when I finally accepted my straight hair.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Oh man, my fave teen romance was one about a girl in California (blond, of course), who enters a sand sculpture contest and ends up with the hunky lifeguard.

Now, I was definitly too young to read it because to me the most fascinating part of the story was when it talked about the different colours of zinc oxide they put on their face for sunscreen

12:52 PM  
Blogger Librarian Girl said...

I went on a mad rush last year at my library, finding all the old copies of teen books that I could think of, inter-library-loaning them if I had to, just to re-read all my old favorites. It was heavenly.

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home