Thursday, March 01, 2007

I Think I'm Getting Hosed On Ebay!

I won this Saturday. The seller emailed Monday with the shipping charges, said 'it seemed a little high, and that she wouldn't blame me if I reconsidered."

I immediately emailed back asking if there was maybe a cheaper way to mail it, because I did indeed want the bowl. I sent another email yesterday because I didn't hear back from her.

Now it's Thursday, and she's still not responding!
Did I broach Ebay etiquette? Did I piss her off?

What if I pay the ridiculous shipping fee and she doesn't send me the damn bowl?

Aarrrrrgh!

6 Comments:

Blogger Netter said...

If I were you, I would find out the size and weight of the bowl. You should be able to figure out how much it would cost to mail by calling the post office with that info. Then you will know for sure how much you are being screwed. Keep in mind the packing material will add a little weight to it.

It does seem a little fishy to me, but give the lady a day or two, maybe she just got busy or something came up.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh man. I am with Nett. Give her a couple of days and call you post office and find out. Sometimes people get a little busy with life and forgot things.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Administrator said...

Her slowness in responding to email might be an indication of how slow she'll be getting it shipped to you.

What are her feedback comments like, anybody mention slowness?

1:57 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Most of the time, they have this meter on the site that lets you calculate shipping...That sucks, though. I would do what nett suggested - try to calculate it on your own & get back to her with what you're willing to pay. If she doesn't respond, leave negative feedback.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Kare said...

good luck with this.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Ladybird said...

But doesnt that bowl look a bit ancient - as if it was excavated from some archaeological site?
You really want it?

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home