Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Marie Osmond Is Cool


I loved Donny and Marie when I was a kid. I adored Donny, of course, and still admire his Mormon good looks, untainted by alcohol, drugs, tobacco, caffeine, sex with groupies, or anything else fun.
I also admired Marie's smart, spunky sass, and her hairstyle (my mom got my hair cut just like it.)
Marie is on "Dancing With The Stars," and in her segment on last night's premiere, she said she was doing the show because she wanted to show women like herself, "single, over 45, with a bunch of kids, that it's not all over because life is a blast."
Go Marie!
BTW... I had the Donny and Marie dolls, and they wore the same costumes as in the pic! The Donny doll even had purple socks!

8 Comments:

Blogger Administrator said...

Bet you checked to see if there were any other purple parts on the Donny doll.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Desperate Housewife said...

I was SIX!
But I still have a Donny doll someone gave me, and I can vouch that he's genderless.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Paula said...

I only watched bits of the DWS last night, as it was on at the same time as the season opener of Heroes...I specifically wanted to see the Marie Osmond segment and Jane Seymour I was not disappointed. Marie is cool! Jane too. I don't know any of the other 'stars' on the show. I do recognize Floyd Mayweather, so very cute.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Netter said...

Hey! I had those dolls too. I'm not sure what happened to them though. Excuse me, I have to go sing a Donnie and Marie song now...I feel inspired.

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't care for D&M in the 70's since I was busy rocking out to Aerosmith but I kind of like them now! Go figure! Go Marie!

12:46 PM  
Blogger Kare said...

haha! I forgot about the purple socks.
Marie is so pretty and 'nice'. Nice is rare. YOu know, she's not all "F****ing A", and all. She's sweet.
haha Imagine that coming out of her mouth.
(omg.
I'm just weird today.)

5:46 PM  
Blogger Librarian Girl said...

They had the same outfits on on the lunchbox too. Was that their only outfit???

8:29 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

I had those dolls too! However, I really thought that they were the same person, and it was camera tricks that made it look like they were brother & sister. wierd - you just made me think of that....

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home