Monday, April 21, 2008

I'm Alive!

And definitely a lot smaller! 13 ounces smaller in Ms. Right, and 14 ounces smaller in Ms. Left.

I apparently made an ass of myself in the recovery room while coming off the anesthesia... I distinctly remember a nurse shaking my face saying, "Why do I always get the loonies?!" When I questioned another nurse about it later when I was fully conscious, she said, "Ohhhh! Are you the one who was swearing?" Nice. I have no memory of swearing, as I was off in La-La Land, although I do recall trying to tell the mean nurse that I'm not actually a loonie.

To top it all off, I threw up all over the shoes of a handsome young man who was helping to move me from the stretcher to the bed. Peter witnessed it, and calls it my finest shining moment.

I've been spending a lot of time on the couch. The girls are still pretty sore at times, though not nearly as bad as you'd think, considering what they've been through. I still feel nauseated a lot of the time, apparently from the anesthesia. But, it's totally worth it!

I've read five books so far, and watched a lot of movies and Gilmore Girls.

Thanks for all the well wishes, guys.

I'll post before and after pics sometime soon.

5 Comments:

Blogger Netter said...

I'm glad you are doing well. You know, a lot of people do and say nutty things when they are under the influence after a surgery. My Grandma who was a nurse, swore the nurses taking care of her were trying to kill her...lol, more than once. My Sister swears I never visited her when she had her tonsils removed, but she said that Scooby Doo was there. ?? I'm still trying to figure out if I was Scooby or if it was someone else. She pukes every time they put her on morphine. The first time it happened, she nailed her doctor. Hey, I figure as long as you are not strolling the halls naked, its all good.

12:19 AM  
Blogger Paula said...

Glad you are doing well. I hope someone is someone looking after The Boy for you.
I got very ill from anesthesia when I had surgery a few years ago; takes several days for it to leave your system.

I don't know if you read this blog or not however I thought of you when I saw the photo on the Saturday, April 19, 2008 post... :-)http://www.minoupitou.blogspot.com/

4:49 PM  
Blogger Desperate Housewife said...

Ha ha ha! Those puppies look much better than mine!

5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey your back! Glad to hear you're doing well. I get sick as a dog from anesthesia too. Ick. Funny operating room moment for me: when they were in the process of putting me under, I recall laying flat on my back looking up at all of them looking down at me waiting for me to go to sleep. As I was about to slip under, I remember wanting to joke and say, "Goodbye cruel world", to the nurses. But of course, I had that thing strapped over my mouth so I couldn't say a word. Then it was lights out. Of course, the first thing I did when I woke up was puke. Ick. Take it easy.

12:40 AM  
Blogger Librarian Girl said...

YAY! I am glad all went well for you. And if someone was shaking me out of a nice slumber, I would probably swear at them too. :)

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home