Monday, December 12, 2005

I Love This Book


Though I did enjoy "The Piano Man's Daughter," I had always dismissed Timothy Findley as a pretentious literary snot.
Then I read this book.
It's about how he and his partner moved to an old farmhouse in Ontario, and spent 30 years making it their home, and their adventures doing so. They shared their home with many pets, and turned one of the old barns on their property into a heated shelter for stray cats, feeding them, and even getting the stray cats fixed.
He sounds like he was a very nice man. I wish I had a neighbor like him, instead of the man with the noisy truck that wakes up my two year-old.

2 Comments:

Blogger Administrator said...

But trucks are way cooler than homsexuals!

9:52 PM  
Blogger Desperate Housewife said...

It's great for Martha-types.

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home