Sunday, September 10, 2006

Atlantic Hot Air Balloon Festival In Sussex, NB

The big hot air balloon festival in Sussex was this weekend. Peter and I actually got up at 5am to see the morning launch. Only one was able to go up because it was too windy, but a bunch of others were inflated. It was pretty cool. We went back last night with the Boy for the evening launch, which again didn't happen because of the weather. But the Boy didn't care. There were french fries, milkshakes, and midway rides, so he was happy.
The balloons were pretty cool. Look at the back of the honeybear balloon... the bee looks like it's barfing on his head.




4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That looks great. I went to one of those a few years back in Daniville, IL and it was awesome. I have some pics of them up in the air maybe I will dig them out one day. Have a great week!!

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun balloons! I took a ride in a hot air balloon once, - never again! I spent the first half hour thinking the basket was going to fall off the balloon and the second thinking the bottom was going to fall out of the basket!! Clearly, I am of the faint of heart!

1:55 PM  
Blogger Schell said...

Oh yeah I can see why the little guy enjoyed, those are cool balloons. Fries and milkshakes, Yummy.

6:41 PM  
Blogger Kare said...

That's pretty neat-o.
That barn one is the coolest balloon.(I can see the boy's bangs in the last pic. hee hee. Just tell everyone that he did it himself. Or better yet, that Peter did it.)

12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home