Sunday, September 17, 2006

RVs Versus Tents

This is the interior of my Dad's camper. Yes, that's a fake woodstove below the TV.
I have been ridiculed many times by "tent people" about camping in an RV.
I say, don't knock it till you try it.
I've never understood the whole suffering for fun thing. Maybe I'm stupid, but I just don't enjoy freezing my ass off, getting wet when it rains, and sleeping in something that a bear could rip apart with one swipe of it's claws.
The tent people can feel superior all they like, but I'd rather feel warm and dry.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen! I'm not a camper/outdoor person by any stretch of the imagination but I can deal with a camper. That's the only way to camp! Looks like you have fun.

1:33 AM  
Blogger Netter said...

My years of suffering in a tent are over. OK, I have been suckered into sleeping in tents with kids...but in the back yard where its an easy sprint to the house if it rains. My kind of camping involves the use of a hair dryer...hence outlets. I scare the wildlife if I can't blow dry my hair.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Schell said...

Anything that get's you up off the ground is good by me.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

THAT's my idea of camping - it's very similar to my parent's trailer. Unfortunately, I married Davey Crockett, so we don't camp much.

7:01 PM  
Blogger Kare said...

Right here with you!
Tents are for transients.

1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home